OLD AGE PENSION
You are entitled to a Contributory Pension if you:
- are 65 or over; and
- have paid or been credited with a specified number of contributions and the average number of contributions paid and/or credited is between 25 and 50 a year.
The amount you receive will depend on the total contributions and number of years you have been part of the plan.
You may qualify whether you stop work or not.
You qualify for a Non-Contributory Pension if you:
- do not qualify for a Contributory Pension; and
- are 65 and living in Bermuda; and
- are Bermudian and have been ordinarily resident here for a period of not less than 10 years during the 20 years before you apply.
Contributory Old Age Gratuity
- Is awarded if you paid into the plan but failed to meet the requirements for a Contributory Pension.
The gratuity is actually a refund of the total contributions paid into the plan by you and on your behalf.